Location: St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School, 5000 N. Grove, Oklahoma City, OK
This camp serves the dual purpose of helping kids get ready for an exciting Hydro Dynamics (FLL) or Aqua Adventure (FLL Jr.) season and as a fundraising event to help defray robotics team expenses.
The camp is run by veteran FIRST robotics coaches and students, including several 4-time FLL/FTC state championship team members, experienced camp leaders and adult mentors. Both new and experienced team members are welcome, and we will have many hand-on stations to help everyone learn something new!
FLL topics include:
– robot construction and mechanical tips and tricks
– using sensors (ultrasonic, touch, gyro, color)
– programming with loops, switches, and variables
– the FLL project
– the FLL core values
FLL Jr. topics cover:
– basic construction of a sturdy FLL Jr. model
– making things move with motors, gears, and other mechanisms
– programming with a Lego Wedo 2.0
– the FLL Jr. “Show Me Poster”
– the FLL Jr. core values